Wednesday, May 5, 2010

3. That's so gay!

Dear American Idol fans:

Why is Adam Lambert’s sexual orientation an issue in a singing contest? Why aren’t we asking if the other contestants are gay or straight? Did being massively gay have any effect at all on Boy George, George Michael, or Melissa Etheridge? (No they all sold millions because they have TALENT, they can sing, and people bought their albums). What about Duran Duran or Motley Crue? They wore LOADS of makeup and we loved to speculate on their sexuality (all straight)…and they also went multiplatinum. How about Rob Halpern from Judas Priest? Everyone thought a metal god would be bangin’ millions of chicks but NO! Rob is queer and proud. Adam Lambert’s fans have known about his gayness since day 1, since no effort was made to eliminate homoerotic photos of him from the internet….and Adam Lambert’s fans don’t care…we love him, love his singing, can’t wait to see what he does next.


(This man is GAY? No Way!! What gave him away??)

I hope Adam Lambert gets a big burly gay biker boyfriend and takes him to the Grammys in ass-less chaps. I think it’s about time American Idol had a “gay” Idol…gays are Americans too. I just wish he would stop wearing so much makeup to cover those cute freckles. I think Adam is fantastic.

By the way, I’m a straight adult woman and I wish people would stop being so titillated about someone’s sexual orientation.

And as for references made about the Clay Aiken backlash ...that was because people didn’t like his insincerity, not his homosexuality. If you are dishonest about who you are, people can tell and it’s off-putting. I think we all love Adam because he embraces his Adam-ness, whatever that may be, without trying to define it for our simplicity. Adam rules, I wish more people were living their lives out loud like he is, gay, straight, or any other orientation.


3 comments:

  1. You crack me up! I loved this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I accidentally posted it twice - hope it was funny the second time too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know the REAL problem, doncha Super Dishwasher Buddy? Once you open your "eyes", no-one you meet with "closed" eyes is going to flick your flipper... :-) Ask me how I know this... :-)

    ReplyDelete