Tuesday, May 4, 2010

1. Welcome to Thunderdome

I started my last blog with entries responding to cheesy junior-high type surveys because I didn't know what to write...I was trying to find my groove, as it were, and figuring out this whole blogging thing. I'm not going to do that this time. Not that I know now what to write, exactly. I swear there is a novel in me dying to get out, and this blog business is a good exercise to write regularly. Perhaps not well (you be the judge), but regularly. My literary Metamucil, as it were.
I promise the following:
1. For sure, to recycle some good (I think) entries from my previous blog.
2. To overuse parenthetical remarks (see above).
3. To disappear from time to time as real life kicks in.
4. To make you feel something, be it maniacal laughter or intense dislike.
5. To be completely uncensored. This is your first and only warning.
6. To shamelessly plug myself or my friends in any way I can (yay nepotism).
7. To be fairly nonlinear, as in I will likely not have a consistent theme.
8. To encourage your familiarity with your dictionary by using "big words". That is how I talk.
9. To spend hours crafting (in my mind) masterpieces and wait for you to post comments, and cry a little if you don't. I love interaction so please comment, be it positive or negative in nature.
10. To continue living my life out loud and being a beacon of inspiration for others to do so. I will try things, and fall down, and you will watch and laugh or cry with me and maybe be a little less afraid to try your own things and fall down, and learn how to get up again, and keep living. Out loud and fearlessly, with peace and joy.
Now go outside and get some vitamin D, the sun's out! Get off your computer and live a little.

1 comment: